- COVID-19 protocols
Things happen, and when they do, we'll want to make up for lost time... And what better place to do that than in Califa Vejer? Now that we can dream again, it is of vital importance that we do so safely and calmly, as if you were in your own home.
That is why we have launched 'Bienvenido a Casa' (Welcome Home), a strict protocol of security and hygiene measures that we have implemented in all our establishments, so that our customers, employees and suppliers can continue to enjoy all our services without worries.
- Califa Vejer's establishments are advised and certified by COVIAL (Control de Vinos y Alimentos, S.L.) which offers hygienic and safety advice for all types of food companies, especially those in the hotel and catering sector. It manages the support and verification analyses for any type of food. COVIAL gives special importance to training in health and hygiene control, microbiology, self-monitoring systems and catering. Since March 2020, it has been offering the Califa Group exhaustive training of personnel and health monitoring focused on COVID-19.
- Constant cleaning and disinfection. Among other measures, the cleaning plan will be reinforced in all our common areas and passageways, of which the Califa has many amongst its historic buildings. In short, cleaning and disinfection is one of the aspects on which more emphasis will be placed.
- Prior to opening: An exhaustive cleaning and disinfection will be carried out, with virucidal products authorized by the Health Department, both in hotels and in 'Califa Casas' holiday homes, including transit areas, service areas and rooms.
- Reception and common areas. Cleaning in common areas will be intensified. All objects and surfaces in passing areas such as stairway handrails, doorknobs, doorbells, taps in shared toilets, etc. shall be cleaned and disinfected at least every two hours.
- All materials delivered to the client - e.g. keys or documentation - will be properly disinfected. People staying at Califa Vejer hotels will find hydroalcoholic gel to be used in the common areas and in all the entrances of our establishments.
- The cleaning protocols also contemplate strict disinfection processes for the reception work equipment, such as the POS, which will be disinfected after use in the presence of the client.
- The staff will disinfect the luggage upon the arrival of the guests, with emphasis on the handles.
- Special cleaning of the rooms. Between each check-in, the team will perform a deep cleaning, disinfecting all the surfaces of the room and then place an internal cleaning certification stamp for the guest to check when opening the door and understand that only he/she has entered their room. Special importance will be given to bathrooms, especially in all areas of frequent use.
- Our hotels and restaurants will follow all safety protocols to facilitate the social distance required in the interaction with other people.
- The Califa labyrinth is always an adventure to discover new corners but to facilitate the movement of people within the rules of social distance we have prepared a novel system of separate entrances and exits with a one way system to reach the restaurant from the Plaza de España.
- These measures include, among other initiatives, the guarantee in the reception area of proper separation between customers and staff with the placement of a glass screen. On the other hand, in our restaurants we will follow the safety distance between tables recommended by the Ministry of Health.
- Online check-in and informative digitization. You can say goodbye to the queues now! To minimize interaction and direct contact with surfaces in our hotels, we have enabled the option of online check-in with the consequent reduction in waiting time.
- In all restaurants we have digitized the information, so you can check the menu of our restaurants with QR codes.
- Air and water purification protocols: All Califa Group facilities have had the Legionella issue implemented in A.C.F.H and A.C.S. for ten years, being a pioneer in implementing this control system in a sanitary manner. Currently we have updated everything according to new regulations for the subject of COVID-19 made by qualified and certified personnel to do so, carrying all the controls, changes and entries in our books of seats and updating all facilities for the safety of all our customers, to address the COVID-19.
- The pools will be opened as soon as the legislation allows it.
- Our swimming pools have all the certifications approved in May / June 2020 and the cleaning protocol of the pools will be reinforced according to the new safety and hygiene measures.
- There will be disinfectant gel dispensers in each pool and signs limiting the capacity.
- The use of sunbeds will be WITHOUT mattresses according to the law.
- The cleaning and disinfection of all crockery, cutlery and glass in the Califa Garden will be guaranteed by our state-of-the-art cleaning machinery from Winterhalter.
- The separation between tables will be to ensure the safety distance between diners. Disinfection of surfaces, tables and chairs is guaranteed between each occupation of table. In addition, the kitchen staff will wear masks and gloves for extra protection.
- Payment by card will be established as a priority form of payment to minimize contact. The dataphone will be disinfected after each use, similarly, to ensure greater hygiene and safety for customers.
- The tablecloths and napkins will be of single use in some establishments and the table linen will be sanitized and washed with the optimal temperature between 60º and 90º.
- Tables will be set up once the customer has arrived and commonly used products such as salt and pepper shakers, oilers, etc. will be disinfected.
For the safety of our customers, we will eliminate our famous breakfast buffet and turn it into a really good a la carte breakfast with restaurant service.
- Protocols and personal protection material. We will intensify health and safety measures for our customers, employees and suppliers.
- Clients will have access to security and disinfection elements such as disinfectant gels that will be available in restaurants and common areas.
- Mandatory equipment for suppliers: all suppliers entering the hotel will do so following the necessary safety measures.
- Health and safety protocols for employees. All Califa Group employees will receive specific training to apply safety protocols and practices adapted to health requirements.
- All Califa Group employees will be trained to implement the various health and safety protocols and to properly use the personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by the company, following an occupational risk assessment in the context of COVID19. In addition, they will be encouraged to maintain social distancing standards and to invite customers and guests to do the same.
Click here to discover all the protocol in full detail in PDF format - PDF Protocol COVID-19 Califa Vejer